for uninsured and underinsured Middle Tennesseans in the following counties: Davidson, Coffee, Maury, Montgomery, Putnam, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson, and Wilson
Healthcare Navigation for the Uninsured is a grant-funded program guiding uninsured and underinsured Middle Tennesseans to healthcare solutions by offering information, referral, and case management services to appropriate health insurance plans and healthcare resources:
- Eligibility counseling and application assistance for benefits through all open state and federally sponsored health insurance plans including: AccessTN, CoverKids, CoverTN, TennCare, Medicare, and the new Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP).
- Prescription assistance screening and application assistance
- Information and referral to medical homes serving the uninsured
- Application assistance for charitable care, discounted services and supplies
- Referral to disease-specific organizations, support groups, and more!
For help, please call our Healthcare Navigation Line: (615) 244-0488 (Nashville area) or toll free 1-800-269-4038
In addition to direct client services, Health Assist Tennessee also conducts healthcare navigation training for medical and social service providers across the region so that they can offer basic healthcare navigation support to patients and clients in their local communities. To request a presentation, or for additional information about training opportunities, please call (615) 313-9841, ext.124
Health Departments are located in every county in the state. While each department is unique in what it offers, it is possible that the practitioners in the one closest to you are able to meet your needs.
Please click on the link below to locate a Health Department in your area. Each department listing features contact information, directions, and the services provided at that particular branch.
Several types of health insurance policies exist in Tennessee, ranging from a comprehensive policy to a more limited major medical policy. Click here
for a list of the types of health insurance policies and examples of what they may cover.